Friday, September 17, 2010

Upset Specials and "Game Over, Jacks Win!"

Hi there. It's gonna be a short and sweet entry number 201. Upset specials. First the college. In the battle of the, "My football teams' smarter than your football team." The Rice Owls host the Northwestern Wildcats and are a touchdown home underdog. Take the Owls outright. Now for the pro, take the St Louis Rams over the Raiders on the road in Oakland.
For a couple of years my friends have been encouraging me to join in one of those office pool type things where they do pick football games. So I finally say yes and guess who won the first week? Give it up to Leccese! Some of the same friends are in my fantasy hockey league. Just to remind you guys, who was lasts years' champion? It's the year of Leccese and I'm looking for a repeat.
One more thing before I leave. 10 years ago I was at East Field doing baseball play-by-play when the Adirondack Lumberjacks won the Northern League championship in a 3 game sweep. My last out call sounded like John Sterling on a caffeine and crack binge. I think I might just have to wear the championship ring I got just for this one day. Where does the time fly?
See you in Fort Edward for high school football on Saturday...Leccese out.

No comments: