Sunday, September 5, 2010

You can feel the change in the air already

In honor of the 100th episode of, "No Reservations" I shall begin this entry the way Anthony Bourdain opens his show. I'm Ken Leccese. I write a blog, call sports on the radio, I cook, I garden and I'm hungry to meet a really attractive intelligent women and.....never mind.
It was not a good start to the upset specials. UConn got thumped by Michigan, and SMU tried to make a comeback but fell short against Texas Tech. Hey its early and next week I get to pick a pro game.
I think everyone who was at the "Jug Game" was stunned how Glens Falls played and won it. They beat up Hudson Falls playing the Tigers' game and the play of the Indians' offense and defensive lines were just impressive. We gave the Player of the Game plaque to one those lineman, but entire group truly deserved it.
Picked my new Nissan Murano on Tuesday and I must say it is one sharp looking SUV. There's something about the black cherry color that makes it even more sweeter looking. It also has a lot of horsepower in that engine and at times I feel like I'm holding it back when I'm driving.
The way the Padres are taking the gas pipe having lost 10 in a row, I might have to rethink that National League manager of the year award to Bud Black and give to Dusty Baker of the Reds.
I didn't realize that the U.S.Open tennis tournament is going on.
Trying to figure out the dumber move in college football. BYU deciding to become an independent or the Big 10 plus 2 divisional alignment where they do not having Michigan and Ohio State in the same one.
Rutgers beating up on some 1aa team doesn't really count as far as I'm concerned.
Saw this movie in its entirety the other day and I must say that "Role Models" was one funny flick.
You want to know the best bun to put a burger on. Take my advice. If you can find them, Anzio and Sons Ciabatta rolls. Put your best juicy, beefy goodness with a slice of cheese and some bacon between the toasted top and bottom parts. One bite and you'll be in heaven.
If I had known that it was my friend Monica's birthday the other day, I would have wished her one. Nobody tells me anything at the gym.
As summer comes to a close, I actually made it to the track and went to a Valley Cats game. I just wish I had played more golf. There's still a little time left for the golf though.
Got another crazy week ahead. Filling in for Cloutier in the co-host chair for 3 days. Then not one, but 2 football games this week. I haven't had a normal on air week in nearly a month...Leccese out.

No comments: