Monday, June 16, 2008

Earnhardt, Eldrick the Gimp, and other weekend observations

Hi There. Hold on I see two people that look very familiar, wait a second its my parents. Retirement is treating them very well thank you. The world is in perfect harmony because Tiger won the US Open and Dale Earnhardt Jr won his first cup race almost 2 years. Very rarely is the US Open set up fair, they actually got it right at Torrey Pines. Rocco Mediate has a whole new set of fans the way he played. He handled himself with class and he had fun. If one more person tells me that this was Eldrick the Gimps' greatest triumph, I may pull a Tonya Harding and whack them on the knee. He should have worn a sleeve on it. Tiger would have won by at least 3 strokes if he left the driver out of the bag. The way he hits his 3 metal combined with his iron play. Yes he is that much better than everyone else. The other thing that drove me nuts was the way they were describing it. It was way over the top. I was waiting for Suzyn Waldman to chime in and compare it to Roger Clemens return to the Yankees last year. One more thing on Eldrick. People do watch hockey and if he saw the TV ratings in Detroit and Pittsburgh and the national ratings he would have not caught foot in mouth disease. I don't what was making me more happier today. Receiving my economic stimulus check from the government or the rumor Rick Peterson maybe out as the Amazins' pitching coach. I'm starting to believe that I maybe the only one who is upset that Shea Stadium is a goner after this year. I became a little depressed after reading an interview with Tom Seaver and he said he wanted to push the button that would bring Shea down. Growing up, my friends and I would play catch and pretend to be Tom Seaver, Jerry Koosman or John Matlack pitching to Jerry Grote. I was saddened to hear about the passing of NBC announcer Charlie Jones. If the west coast AFC teams like the Broncos, Chargers, Raiders or Chiefs were playing on TV, most of the time Charlie Jones would call the game along with Len Dawson. Great set of pipes and a class act. Same could be said about Tim Russert, even though he was a Bills fan. I guess we can't all be perfect...Leccese out.

No comments: