Monday, June 2, 2008

June brings bikers and other weekend observations

Hi There. Since I drive through Warrensburg to get to work everyday, its hard not to notice all the tents being set up along Route NIne. I thought garage sale week wasn't until October? Did anyone catch the mixed martial arts/extreme fighting show on CBS Saturday night? I caught parts of it flipping back and forth between the Wings/Penguins game and I thought it was kind of pathetic. Reminded me of NBC and the WWE's "Saturday Night's Main Event" only the wrestling was more believable. I think Kimbo Slice and his fifteen seconds of fame are up. So "Sex in the City" bested "Indiana Jones" at the box office. Personally my favorite is Samantha, followed by Charlotte. I have this gut feeling that "The Dark Knight" will be the summer box office champ. Well Emporer Stern at the Association got the finals match up he wanted between the Celtics and Lakers and you know what, I DON'T CARE! I didn't like either team when basketball mattered to me a long time ago, and even now I still hate both teams. Eventually the clock will strike midnight and the Fuzzy Cubbies and don't call us "Devil" anymore Rays will comeback to earth and the cosmic order of baseball will be returned back to normal. Let's see Ozzie Guillen has a meltdown, the White Sox get hot and are in first place. Willie Randolph is on the verge of one and the Mets start playing better. I'm seeing a trend here. On to NASCAR, what's going on at Joe Gibbs Racing? Joe Gibbs is back running the operation instead of answering to Dan Snyder and coaching the Redskins, that's what's going on. Kyle Busch is racing out of his mind and Denny Hamlin is solid. Toyota's have made incredible strides in their second year of cup competition. However it would be a big mistake to let Tony Stewart go. When Tony Stewart gets going good, he is scary good. Happy Birthday Pete and Mikey...Leccese out.

No comments: