Thursday, June 12, 2008

Seeing a color that isn't found in nature and other Midweek Musings

Hi There. There is nothing better than a simple trip to the grocery store to pick up a few necessities and discover what new products companies are trying to entice the American consumer to try. I was shopping the other day when two things caught my attention. One was a color of Mt. Dew that I know nature never intended. It was kinda sorta a blue/teal combination. Very strange indeed. The other product was Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Crackers. I'm not kidding you on this one. Cheese crackers shaped liked the macaroni found in the unmistakable blue box. Anyway I bought one of the sample sizes and I have this feeling the product is meant for little kids like my niece and not middle agers like myself who are looking to bring back childhood memories. I've written a lot about of my drink of choice, VitaminWater. Well it seems Men's Health magazine named it the most unhealthy healthy drink around. The culprits. The usual two: sugar and calories. Is there anything left out there to eat or drink that is actually good for me anymore? Even bottled water supposedly is getting a bad rap. I'm starting to believe the word organic means grown safely, but still tastes like c--p. Take it from the Garden Boy. When you buy fresh produce, organic is good but also look for heirloom varieties. They may not be as pretty looking as a hybrid variety, but they taste better. Speaking of tasting, last night's Top Chef finale was kind of bland. Stephanie deserved to win, she was the most consistant throughout. I was rooting for Richard and he summed it up the best when they asked him how he did before the final decision was made, "I choked." I thought there would be a better build up to the announcement. Padma should have at least told Richard and Lisa told pack their knives and then say the congrats to Stephanie. As a Giants fan, I'm not surprised by Michael Strahan's decision to retire. They've got enough depth on the D-line. I am worried though about Plaxico Burress and Jeremy Shockey trying to upset the apple cart. I don't who has got it worse: Roger Clemens, David Stern or Hulk Hogan. Boy when you're down they just keep on kicking hoping sooner or later you'll break. On to something more pleasant. Saturday is June 14th and besides being Flag Day, it's also the 14th anniversary of the Rangers winning the Stanley Cup and I will pop in my DVD of Game 7 and watch. Don't forget Dad on Sunday...Leccese out.

No comments: