Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mission Control the garden has been planted and other weekend observations

Hi There. I hoped you remembered to clean the grill before you refilled or exchanged your propane tank or got some nice new charcoal before starting it up. Hard to believe that its been 27 years since I first came up here as weekender from NJ. Mom, I'm so glad you hated the beach so Dad couldn't buy a place in RI by his aunts and we ended up buying lakefront property. I would have begged and pleaded with you each weekend to just drop me off at Aunt Pat and Uncle Rome's house and get me on the way home. I am not a beach person. I remember the day of the closing Memorial Day Weekend 1981. It was at an office somewhere in downtown Glens Falls and the red, white, and blue bunting was still up because the day before their was a parade celebrating the Redwings first Calder Cup Championship. If you wanted to visit, you just had to show up. We always had room. Have the times changed. Now a days its a rarity if any of my family comes. There is nothing better then waking up in the morning and seeing the sun rise on the lake and the water's glistening. Well for once I'm actually talking about the garden. Just got to plant some green beans and squash this weekend and I'm done. The tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, lettuce, potatoes, and herbs are in. Now the real work starts. For a change there was no experiments with different varieties. I kept it simple. Is it just me or is the Indy 500 becoming insignificant or am I just a NASCAR fan who thinks open wheel racing has become boring. Danica Patrick maybe attractive, but she is starting to get on my nerves the way Kobe, LeBrun, and Sid the Kid do. When it comes to Danicas, I'll take Danica McKeller from the "Wonder Years." I'm starting to feel like that weird guy who did the "Leave Brittney Spears Alone" video, only I want to look in a camera and say, "Leave Willie Randolph Alone" and go on a crying rant and put it on "You Tube." The black flies and mosquitos are hungry, be careful...Leccese out.

No comments: