Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Slapbet Commissioner needs to be slapped himself and other oberservations

Hi There. I find it amazing that the TV networks would end the season with the May sweeps even though there was a writers strike. So with that in mind. The CBS Monday night comedies wrapped up for the season. "Big Bang Theory" might have been the best of the 3. Yes even a nerd can get a date with the "out of their league" attractive blond. You the man Leonard. You may be my new hero. There's hope for me yet. Dan and Pete, find me somebody like Penny and I'll go out with her. "How I Met Your Mother" was just O.K. Ted are you sure you want to marry Stella? I know Sarah Chalke would make a very nice wife but so soon. Last but not least is "Two and a half Men" which should be renamed "Three and a half Men." The storyline formula is starting to wear thin and could there be any fatter and dumber kid right now on the planet then Jake? He's starting to remind me of the son of one of the people who works here at the radio stations. I would love to talk about the shows with Dan and John like we always do, but John hasn't watched them yet. John is our slap bet commissioner here, so I think he should punish himself and let both of us slap him once. I'm a hard core foodie, so I've been watching and getting into "Top Chef" on Bravo. Last night Anthony Bourdain was a guest judge. I'm telling you, the man is so cool. Check out "No Reservations" on the Travel Channel or "A Cooks Tour" on Food Network. You'll see why. However for the sake of all things sane on the show, Padma and Tom listen to me please and tell Lisa to finally pack her knives and leave! It just keeps getting worse for Willie Randolph. He obviously wasn't paying attention when Ian O'Connor turned on that recorder. Coming down with terminal foot in mouth disease is not a good sign. As a Mets fan I know they've been seriously under achieving, but if Willie is let go, who is out there to take over? The reality is Bobby V isn't coming back, so name somebody else. Buck Showalter, 10 years ago I would've hired him in a minute, but now I don't think so. Lee Mazzilli, after his experience with the Orioles and Peter Angelos, why would he want to manage again? The pickings are real slim. Plus don't forget Rick Peterson is still pitching coach. I find it hard to believe that the NFL is crying poverty. Roger Goodell, I think you need to find a better accountant. Your current one may have his hand in the cookie jar. Finally, I want to thank everybody at Johnsburg Central School for a great day Tuesday. Dan and I went up there to talk about radio with the 4th, 5th and 6th graders. Jeff Baroudi showed us around, introduced us to the other faculty and staff. The kids were great. They were prepared and asked great questions. We really had fun and hopefully we'll get to go back and do it again. Long weekend is ahead...Leccese out.

No comments: