Monday, May 12, 2008

An innocent couch had to die and other weekend observations

Hi There... Hope all you Moms enjoyed your special day. Mine was in Virginia helping out my uncle so I didn't get to see her, so I did what we would have done; headed to Saratoga for a couple of hours. I did talk with her on the phone and I sent her a card and gift to my uncle's home. She was also pre-occupied by the joy of her life my niece Morgan being there, so she got to be Nana for the weekend. Saturday was one of those rare days that I didn't leave Warrensburg or Chestertown. Picked up some plants and soil and worked in the garden getting everything ready and I planted my tomatoes. It gets better. The rest of the day was a blur lying on the couch watching sports. Did anyone see Don Cherry on Sports Center? I don't know if he goes to a tailor or an upholsterer? Some poor sofa or love seat made the ultimate sacrifice so Don Cherry could have a sports coat. Robert Downey, Jr has come back from the forgotten and has a Mega-hit with "Iron Man." The writers are probably cranking out the sequel as we speak. I read a rumor that "Captain America" is the next Marvel comic book super hero heading to the big screen. Have we forgotten anyone yet? Personally, I would love to see Robin become Nightwing. It would work. The conflict between Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson. We can't get enough Batman. Since I don't have TiVo, I'm just going to have to watch "How I Met Your Mother" at its regular time slot...Leccese out.

No comments: