Saturday, May 17, 2008

Friend of Doug and other whimsical thoughts

Hi There. Here I am on a Saturday pondering the world around me. Lets see. Boy "How I Met Your Mother" Monday night was such a disappointment. The Tuesday water cooler discussion between Dan, John and myself dealt with how awful Brittany was. She was bad, real bad. It was so bad it made my skin crawl. On to the Subway Series. With the Mets dropping 3 of 4 to Washington and the Yanks losing 3 of 4 to the Rays, its nice to see both teams imploding heading into this weekend. Gotta give props to Billy Wags for calling out his teammates. At least there is somebody on the Mets with some heart and the you-know-whats to at least care. David Wright has to step up and take over the leadership of this team. He is a special talent. As you know I hide no punches in my dislike for Rick Peterson and I squarely put the blame on him for the problems with the pitching staff. However, I like Willie Randolph. He is a class act who deserves better and its not all his fault. On to the Yankees. I really hope that Ian Kennedy and Phil Hughes work out. Its not helping that Jorge Posada is on the shelf with the bum shoulder. One thing I don't want to see. The slump busting gold lame thong of Jason Giambi. Mommy, what's that scary looking thing on the big guy who did steroids? I'm scared. My skin is crawling again. Finally, I want to congratulate a friend on a well deserved promotion. Doug Duell was named principal at Warrensburg JR/SR High School. I often say that I couldn't do my job without co-operation from the Athletic Directors and their secretaries at the many schools we cover. Doug ranks up there in the top five. Many times he has gone above and beyond the call of duty for us. Now if he could convince the school board in the 'Burgh to build a nice place for the coaches and media to watch the games at the football field, he would be #1 on my list. Doug, I know you talk with Chip Corlew and Tom Heinzelman. Have them help you. Just kidding. Enjoy your weekend...Leccese out.

No comments: