Thursday, May 1, 2008

A May basket filled with random thoughts

Hi There...One of the great things about Directv is I've got 5 different HBO channels available at my disposal. If you're a sports fan like me, find out when the most recent "Costas Now" is going to be rebroadcast. Bob Costas moderated a 90 minute town hall style meeting on the state of sports and the media Tuesday night. On occasion Bob rubs me the wrong way, especially when it comes to baseball. He thinks he knows all and has all the answers. The other night though, he was brilliant. He brought in some of the best and worst (namely Christopher Russo) in sports media. Writers, TV, radio, Wil Leitch the guy behind Deadspin.com and athletes participated. It was fascinating and insightful. I occasionally use this blog to talk about sports, I do play by play of 3 different high school sports on WWSC and would love the chance to host a radio talk show on sports. I learned something watching it. Speaking of sports. Enough already with the Roger Clemens bashing. First the allegation he used steroids and HGH, now marital infidelity. Anything else while the mic is on. Does he hate puppies and kittens? Does he know where Jimmy Hoffa's buried? How about aliens in Roswell? What about the grassy knoll? Got the Section 2 high school football schedule and the first game is just over 4 months away. The Kentucky Derby is Saturday. I have no clue who the contenders for the triple crown are. I'll let Kyle Brownell handle that department. Racing at Saratoga will be here sooner than you think. So indulge in a Mint Julep and a Kentucky Hot Brown while you enjoy the weekend...Leccese out.

No comments: