Wednesday, May 7, 2008

They're back and other observations

Hi There. Well they've returned. Like the swallows to San Juan Capistrano, the buzzards to that place in Ohio; and now the hummingbirds have returned to Chestertown. I keep a feeder out for them from May through Halloween, and around Mother's Day they make their first appearance. In the winter you fight a losing battle with squirrels in your bird feeder, in the summer it's ants in the hummingbird feeder. The food is basically sugar and water mixed together. If you're a hockey fan you'll love this announcement: Bristol Tech has added Don Cherry to help out with its analysis of the NHL final four. Don Cherry used to coach the Bruins and Colorado Rockies (not the baseball team, the Devils played in Denver before moving to NJ in the early 80's) and maybe is the most popular TV sports personality in Canada. He has a segment called "Coaches Corner" on Hockey Night in Canada and its hilarious. To put it nicely, he is not politically correct. Speaking of the cup finals. I like Detroit in five and the Pens in six. Since the Flyers have to deal with the officials and the Crosby rules, they'll be lucky to take the series to 7 games. I would love to see the Flyers win and see that spoiled brat and his buddy Malkin sent home packing. One more thing. The Monday night comedies on CBS. Did you catch "Big Bang Theory?" Was Sheldon's sister hot or what? She was smokin' hot, plus that southern accent. Lethal combination, definitely lethal combination. "How I Met Your Mother" was its usual solid funny episode. Sarah Chaulk is working out very nicely as Ted's new girlfriend and next week Brittany comes back as Stella's receptionist. Mission Control we have lift off for a potentially really good episode. Can't wait...Leccese out.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Hey Ken! Not sure if you remember me (Andrew), but I interned with you and Ken McGrail in the Summer of '98 when you were working at the Jockey in Malta. Not sure what made me think of you two but I thought I'd go hunting on the net to see if I could find what you guys were up to. I hope all is well. Any idea where Ken ended up? Great blog! As a Ranger fan, I am hoping to see the Flyers take care of the Pens but the Crosby/Refs factor may be too much for any team to overcome.