Monday, October 13, 2008

Its The Great Pumpkin Pie Garden Boy and other weekend observations

Hi There. I knew my pro upset special was doomed when I wake up and the first thing on the radio I heard was "Carson Palmer won't be playing against the Jets." However, "How 'bout them Cowboys" as in Oklahoma State knocking off Missouri. The Leccese curse also made its presence felt. I compliment Vandy and the Redskins and what happens? Both lose.
You name it, I did it this weekend. Saturday it started at the Farmers Market and found some nice apples and bought another pie pumpkin. I also bought some cookies and the chocolate chip tasted just like the ones I used to get from a place called Delicious Orchards in Colts Neck, NJ. The peanut butter sandwich cookies were also killer. Then the Queenbury/Glens Falls football game. It was good game to call. Yesterday it was raking. The white pine trees have started to shed so it was time to take care of the driveway. My driveway is about a 1/10th of mile long down hill. Then it was pie time. I made my first pumpkin pie using fresh pumpkin. No canned stuff for the Garden Boy. It turned out perfect. I even roasted the seeds with some butter and salt. Makes a great, healthy snack. I also got the stone out and cranked out some pizza. Then with the weather being as close to perfect as it was, to finish the weekend I grilled some corned on the cob. Don't knock it 'til you try it. I wonder what my life would have been like if I had gone to culinary school and tried opening my own restaurant. Dan might have kept his hair. On second thought working with Pete, probably not. Tell Bobby Flay the Garden Boy wants a piece of him. I'm ready for a throw down. I got the skillz and I'm not afraid to use them.
Beverly Hills Chihuahua made another 17.5 million dollars at the box office over the weekend. That made me more sick than watching the stock market nose dive these past 2 weeks.
Anthony Bourdain has a new show debuting on the Travel Channel next Monday and of course I'll be watching. Perfect time too. 10pm, right after the CBS comedies. Speaking of television tonight, I have a dilemma. Choose between the CBS comedies, Rangers/Devils or Giants/Browns on Bristol Tech.
One more thing, The RiverRats are playing Friday night at the Civic Center and if you miss the AHL and want hockey back, go to the game. I'm going with a group of friends from the gym I belong to...Leccese out.

No comments: