Sunday, October 5, 2008

UConn and The Lions what was I thinking and other weekend observations

Hi There. Courtesy of my dads' laptop you get a new entry early. OK, so the UConn Huskies and the Lions took the gas pipe and my upset specials have returned to the form I expected. I warned you not take them seriously. After this weekend you've probably lost that cute girlfriend or your trophy wife is threatening to leave because you listened to my picks. Now on to more serious stuff.
I want to take this time to thank the Brewers and Fuzzy Cubbies for playing and don't forget to take a copy of the home edition. I don't know what made me happier. The Giants spanking Seattle 44-6 or the Cubs being swept. Alright it was the Cubs being swept. I'll be open and honest. I HATE THE CHICAGO CUBS. From their whining cry baby fans, to the late Harry Caray singing, and that joke of a ballpark they play in. I hate everything about them. I like the Dallas Cowboys and New York Islanders more than I do the Cubs.
Message to Yankee fans. Don't jump. I know Joe Torre has led the Dodgers to the NLCS against the Phillies and it was rough year with Joe Girardi at the helm. It will get better, trust me I'm a Mets fan.
Hey Dodger fans. Enjoy the honeymoon with Mr. Ramirez. Soon enough Manny will be Manny again and he'll wear out his welcome. Just ask the Indians and RedSox faithful about it.
I don't what's more surprising in football. Vanderbilt being 5-0 in the SEC or the Redskins being 4-1 and have knocked off the Cowboys and Eagles on the road in back to back weeks.
Best High School Football teams in the WCKM listening area in no particular order. Schuylerville, Saratoga Springs, and Burnt Hills.
Here's the latest sign of the apocalypse. The number one movie at the box office this weekend was "Beverly Hills Chihuahua." The movie made 29 million dollars! I wonder if TacoBell had a stake in it?
I wish election day would get here. Tina Fey and her Sarah Palin imitation is starting to get on my nerves.
If our female senator wanted to be president so badly, how come she didn't run as an independent after losing the Democratic Party nomination?
The two best smells coming out of an oven. Chocolate chip cookies and apple pie. I made an apple pie and the kitchen has that cinnamon smell.
I wonder if some of those CEO's who created the credit mess we're in consulted with the Magic 8-Ball?
I'm sooo glad hockey season is back...Leccese out

No comments: