Friday, October 10, 2008

Random Thoughts from the mind of the Gardenboy and Upset Specials

Hi There. Despite the losing skid we kick off another edition of this blog with "Opie's Upset Specials." First to the college ranks where we finally lost (Thanks for nothing, Randy Edsall). Again this week I was torn between two games and we head to Big 12 country where the Missouri Tigers host Oklahoma State. I hope to be saying, "How 'bout them Cowboys!" OK State is unbeaten and I think this will be the game that gets me back on track. Now for the pro upset. Its time. Time for the Cincinnati Bengals to win for the first time and knock off the J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets. Cincy has gone on the road and hung in there with both Dallas and the Giants in the past 3 weeks. So the Bengals go 1-1 at Giants Stadium this year.
On to more football the Game of Week on WWSC Saturday. Queensbury and Glens Falls. Both teams are 2-3 and the winner will likely get the final playoff spot in the A Northwest Division and a meeting with Troy or Bishop Maginn in round one of the sectionals. Queensbury is in a more desperate situation since they wrap up with Burnt Hills next week. Speaking of Burnt Hills here's my top five area teams: Burnt Hills, Saratoga, Schuylerville, Lake George and Hudson Falls.
On to other things. It was turn back the clock week at the gym. Mike Rowe and Steve Carroll were back in town and were either teaching or taking class. I miss those two. Since the new owners took over, the gym lacks that little something that made it special.
I was grocery shopping and I saw another disturbing product. Pop Tarts frosted with the logos of your favorite college football teams! The ones with fiber in them sound more appealing. Just to be cruel I hope a fan of some Big Ten or SEC school buys a box and ends up getting nothing but their favorite teams arch rival.
The Monday night CBS comedies were on and I wasn't offended by the slams on my beloved home state of NJ during "How I Met Your Mother." I enjoyed them. My favorite part was Alan getting tazed on "Two and a Half Men." Funny stuff.
With the NHL season under way, the C-Town K-Dogs have been released from the kennel and ready to wreck havoc on the fantasy hockey league I'm in.
Happy Anniversary to my sister Kelly and her husband Mike. It's 11 years now and yes I've beaten that addiction to orange TicTacs. You just got to take it one day at a time. However I still have the occasional nightmare concerning the photographer. We didn't need that many pictures!
If I could get a date with Fox News' Megyn Kelly, I would be very happy...Leccese out.

No comments: