Friday, November 14, 2008

Where was Dan Fielding? and other observations

Hi There. We've made through another week and as I kick off another weekend, we must open with, "Opie's Upset Specials" Alright now we look to the college ranks and last year the Midshipmen of Navy ended a 40 year losing streak to the Golden Domers of Notre Dame. This year they make it 2 straight. On to the pros, I'm liking John Pratt's boys the Denver Broncos to win over Matt Ryan and the Falcons in hotlanta, not mylanta.
Hudson Falls continues its journey to Syracuse and they'll take on the Beekmantown Eagles from Section 7 at Putt LaMay Field. They should win this one. If they make Dietz stadium next week in Kingston, they'll most likely face the Rye Garnet who are the defending state champs and currently ranked number 1 in Class B.
Earlier in the week, I apologized to Claude Julien the Boston Bruins coach for playing his other goaltender over Tim Thomas who is one my fantasy team goalies. I'm taking it back after last nights win over the club de hockey Canadien. You're killing me Claude, just killing me.
Last night I couldn't stomach watching the Jets/Patriots so I tuned into 30 Rock. After seeing Tina Fey I was thinking, maybe she should stick to Sarah Palin impersonations. Also, if you're going to do a "Night Court" reunion you have to include Dan Fielding. Okay, at least Bull. Jane Krakowski. Wow, talk about hot. She was pretty cute on "Ally McBeal" and had one of the best lines from the original "Vacation" movie. I might have to find a way to shoe horn her onto my list of five. When you're not married or dating anyone, you can say those things without repercussions.
The CBS Monday night comedies were on per usual. Two and a Half men. I loved watching Charlie torture Jake about going to military school. HIMYM had its moments especially when the Japanese guy on the tele-conference saw a drunk Lilly and pointed it out to everyone. Finally Big Bang Theory. More and more I realize I have a ton of Sheldon in me with a touch of Leonard and some Koothrapali thrown in for good measure. Call me Wolowitz and I will have to give you a strike, maybe 2 for good measure.
There's a crazy rumor going around the Leccese compound that my parents are coming home for a couple of weeks. I'll believe it when I see them.
Enjoy the weekend...Leccese out


No comments: