Monday, November 3, 2008

Falling back and other weekend observations

Hi There. If you're like me, your body still hasn't adjusted to standard time yet. Getting up between 4:30 and 5:00am for no good reason sucks right now.
After watching the Giants put a hurtin' on the Cowboys yesterday, I thought of a quote from the late Wellington Mara after the G-Men knocked off Dallas. "Its nice to see arrogance humbled."
If there was any team from the AFC South I thought would be unbeaten at the half way point, I figured it would be the Jaguars and not the Tennessee Titans.
Tony Sporano is the AFC Coach of the Year hands down over Jeff Fisher.
Upset special wise, we went 1 for 2. The Jets beat Buffalo, however Duke fell short to Wake Forest in OT. By the way, what the heck is a Demon Deacon anyway?
You never know what to expect when you broadcast a game and trust me I don't think anyone who was at the Ft Edward/Canajoharie game thought the final score was going to end up being 50-42. I mentioned to Brian a couple of times during the broadcast if there was an over/under on the game it would be 40 points with an emphasis on the under. We were pretty spent after calling that one.
It doesn't get more exciting than the finish of the Texas/Texas Tech game Saturday night. It ranks up there with the Flutie to Phelan game winner against Miami in 1984.
I had a fun talk with my niece the other day. Three year olds are interesting little people. They're just at the age where they can understand you and you can understand them.
2 hours of my life I'll never get back were wasted over the weekend watching that cinematic tour de force known as, "The Comebacks."
If a trick or treater could find my house on Halloween, I would give them a Wonka Bar with a gold ticket in it to Willy Wonka's factory. That's how hard it can be trying to find my home. Growing up my friend Ricky DiBiase's house was the best to go to on Halloween. His dad worked for M and M Mars.
I'm not sure if this a sign of the apocalypse or I'm just getting old. Hostess has introduced 100 calorie Twinkies bites.
The fine folks at Directv are really driving me nuts. Supposedly my local NHL team is the Rangers. However if the Buffalo Sabres are playing the same night, the Rangers get blacked out. What's up with that? Speaking of hockey on television, I've officially become an addict of the NHL Network. I watch "NHL on the Fly" every morning to check how the players on my fantasy team did the night before. F.Y.I. the K-Dogs are tied for 2nd place with the Kiss Army just one point out of first.
New episodes of "Big Bang Theory" and "How I Met Your Mother" tonight. It beats the alternative. Chris Berman interviewing the presidential candidates at halftime of the Steelers/Redskins game. Where's Sal Palontonio when you need him?
One last thing. Happy Birthday today to two guys whom I respect and admire and coincidentally they both wore the number 11. Phil Simms and the best number 11 of all, my dad...Leccese out.

No comments: