Monday, March 30, 2009

Two for the Final Four and Other Observations

Hi There. Well the Final Four is set. I had two of the four and if wasn't for a great play by Scottie Reynolds of the Villanova Wildcats in the final seconds, I would have had 3. I heard Wake Forest coach Dino Gaudio was in attendance at the Federation Tournament of Champions at the Civic Center. If I had recognized who he was, I might have cornered him and said, "Come on now, how could you lose to Cleveland State? Thanks for screwing up my brackets, Dino." Great job by Michigan State in totally controlling the tempo and knocking off Louisville. I like Tom Izzo as a coach. Seems like a good guy. I'll let you know my picks later in the week.
I saw the best commercial during the Oklahoma/UNC game. It's for the new Guitar Hero Metallica and features Bob Knight, Rick Pitino, Roy Williams, and Coach K dressed ala Tom Cruise in Risky Business doing the "Old Time Rock n Roll" thing when Metallica sees them, asks them what they're doing and promotes the game. They then proceed to tell the coaches to throw on some pants pops. Knight then says to Metallica, "Who you calling pops" and throws the drum set at them. Now there's a great ad. That was a rib hurting funny great ad.
If you have Directv like I do, you get a monthly programming magazine. On the cover of the April issue is Cole Hamels from the Phillies and Fox Sports' Charissa Thompson. Talk about a WOW! Helllllooo, Charissa.
One more sports note. The golf world is all happy now and the PGA tour universe has returned to normal. Eldrick came from behind and won the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Pathetic if you ask me.
A big thanks to everyone who showed up Saturday night at donkey basketball at North Warren Central School in Chestertown. The three of us really have a great time doing it and look forward to next year. I don't know if the pie that boys got was any good, it looked delicious. I'm still trying hard not to eat that stuff. I was hoping to see a certain member of the North Warren elementary school faculty who teaches 6th grade in attendance, but she was a "not tonight." Her initials are A.G. if you want to know who I'm speaking of. If Mike had shown up with Dan and Pete instead of yours truly, I think she would have been there. Hey, there's plenty of reasons why he's known as the "Ladies Man"and I'm not. By the way Pete, the Christmas wreath that was on the front door came down as soon as I got home.
Got on the scale Saturday and was down to 217. I've lost 25 pounds since the start of the new year. Just 17 more to go. I'm realy proud of myself, but remember weight loss and becoming physically fit is like competing in the Iron Man Triathlon. You have these stages and the small goals you accomplish eventually add up to the ultimate big one. There's still a lot of hard work and sweat ahead of me. Those last 17 pounds will be tough, but I'm up to that challenge.
The C-TOWN K-DOGS season officially came to an end. I ended up in 6th place in the fantasy hockey league that Dan and I are in. My offense morphed into the Mets bullpen and collapsed the last 3 weeks. I went from being in a battle for first place overall to ending up in the middle of the pack. To quote the governor of California, "I'll be Back."
Hope to see everybody Sunday at Bowl for Kids Sake at Spare Time in South Glens Falls. You can root Team CKM on and watch my mediocre athletic talents on display. We'll be bowling at 12:30
Note to Ned Corini. Good seeing you my friend. We'll make that summer golf outing we talked about happen...Leccese out.

No comments: