Sunday, May 2, 2010

I feel your pain and can relate to you Jeff Feagles

Hi there. Just to let everybody know, I will not be fined by either Clay Ashworth or Dan Miner for criticizing NBA officials in, "The Greenhouse Effect" unlike what David Stern did to Dwight Howard in his blog. Yep the supreme dictator and fearless leader of the Association made Mr. Howard cough up 35 thousand George Washingtons' after he criticized refs in a recent blog entry of his.
Also what idiots did the voting for Association MVP and what drugs were they on when they cast the ballots? I'm sorry, but Kevin Durant had a better year than LeBron James. The final tally wasn't even close! Where would the Thunder be without him? I'm smelling hanging chads somewhere.
I want to take this time to thank the following teams for appearing in the playoffs and remind them to take a copy of the home edition as a consolation prize as the door hits you on the way out. See you next year Devils, Heat, Sabres, Nuggets, Kings, Trailblazers, Bobcats, and a special mention goes out to the Mavericks and Capitals. Alexander Ovechkin, not tonight.
I had no idea who was going to win the Kentucky Derby in the slop at Churchill Downs but man, what is it with Calvin Borel. The way he guided Super Saver through the muck to victory. He's been aboard 3 of the last 4 derby winners. I love watching him ride. I haven't felt that way about a jockey since those days sitting in the grandstand at Monmouth Park seeing Julie Krone.
So Eldrick missed the cut at Quail Hollow. On to other things
Friday, Giants punter Jeff Feagles announced this retirement after 22 years in the NFL at the age of 44. He said that his body wasn't responding the way it used to. Being age 44, I know that same feeling all too well. I was hoping to hit the driving range and get my golf swing in shape. However after a weekend of pulling out trees, more raking, and finally pressure washing a really dirty and disgusting looking patio; my tender back wanted nothing to do with my golf game just yet. I usually workout at the gym 5 to 6 times a week and there have been many days I didn't want to get on that bike, treadmill or elliptical.
I've been reading a lot in the local papers about how schools are desperately trying to keep spending under check and minimizing tax increases in this economic downturn by cutting sports and other programs, eliminating teaching positions and trimming any fat left. I've also read where programs that were originally eliminated from budgets, all of sudden are back from the dead. You can't have it both ways people.
Isn't great to know we live in a country where our freedom of speech and religion is protected and that we don't live in fear of retribution for disagreeing. A militant religious group threatened the creators of South Park for a depiction of their prophet in a recent episode. If any one has seen South Park over the years, every religion has been a target.
Hockey fans, a new HBO sports documentary on the Philadelphia Flyers and the Broad Street Bullies of the mid 1970's premieres Tuesday night. It should be a good watch.
Admit it AHL fans, (including this one) we had a feeling the Devils would come back to Albany.
I sent the invitation in to my cousins' wedding that takes place next month. I didn't write a humorous, sarcastic response. I wanted to, but I just checked off I would be showing up and wanted the chicken as my entree. Sorry to disappoint you readers.
You know you've been taking a certain fitness class for a long time when a piece of music is brought back and you actually remember when it was used the first time and what routine you did to it.
Finally, if you didn't know I work Saturday mornings on our sister station, Hits 95 Nine. The most annoying song on this 3rd rock from the sun planet of ours is hands down, "Hey Soul Sister" by the group Train. If alien visitors were in the neighborhood and heard this song, they would make the conclusion that there is no intelligent life here. Make it stop John Pratt and please end my suffering...Leccese out.

No comments: