Sunday, May 30, 2010

Maybe I am Sheldon Cooper and spreading the mulch around

Hi there. Hope you all are enjoying the long weekend. Lot's of interesting topics to get to.
We'll start with MLB where the fightin' Phils had an interesting week. Got blanked in 4 of the 6 games they played and in the game they won Doc Halladay threw a perfect game.
3 teams who you should be taking notice of who might have been under your radar: Reds, Padres and Blue Jays.
After seeing the injury that occurred to the Halo's Kendry Morales after he hit a game winning home run on Saturday my advice is this. Act like you've done it before. And this goes out to all sports teams with their moronic post game victory rituals and celebrations. The worst are hockey teams, who it seems after every goal the 5 guys who are on the ice do this dumb skate along the bench thing where they either fist bump or high five their teammates.

I think Ike Davis should knock some sense into Ollie Perez and his bridge troll agent Scott Boras with a mighty swing of his Louisville Slugger to their heads. The light may go on in Ollie and he could fix what's wrong in Buffalo and try to save what's left of his career.
Love the Blackhawks/Flyers Stanley Cup final match-up. My prediction: Blackhawks in 6.
Calder Cup final prediction: Hershey Bears in 5 games over the Texas Stars.
Just what we hard core hockey fans needed. Being force fed even more Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin with the 2011 Winter Classic between the Pens and Caps at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh. Nothing against Heinz Field, but they should move it up the street to PNC Park.
I would be a lot more excited about the Super Bowl coming to the Meadowlands in 2014 if it were being played at the old Giants Stadium.

Could some one tell my why soccer uniforms are so boring looking?
I've tried really hard this year but no matter how much I've watched lacrosse on tv, I still don't have a clue about it and what goes on during a game. All I know is they have different length sticks and stuff. Now I know how people who don't understand hockey when they watch it on tv feel.
If you get a chance, watch the newest "Centerstage" on the YES network with Mike Tyson.
I'm becoming more intrigued by the "A-Team" movie that's coming out June 11th.
The cool thing about the guy who won this years' Indy 500 is he's married to the cute Judd.
We have this sales person at the radio station, (her initials are C.H.) who thinks that when I start sharing the harvest from the garden with my friends, she'll actually receive some of it. I'm laughing so hard at that notion, my ribs are hurting. She's sooooo delusional. Just take a number and wait at the back of the line.(And its a long one.)

Picked up some really nice eggs from a place near my home and these things are so big, I want to know what those chickens are being fed.
Leonard Nimoy wrote a book called, "I am not Spock." Years later he wrote the sequel called, "I am Spock." After watching the season finale's of the CBS comedies last Monday, I'm starting to think that maybe I'm Sheldon Cooper after all. "Big Bang Theory" was the best of the bunch. Sheldon meeting this online date that Howard and Raj set him up with at the end was worth the price of admission alone. "Two and a Half Men" is becoming so predictable and is reaching its point where the characters are getting stale. As for "How I Met Your Mother" it was kind of bland. Seeing Ted as a blond was the best of a weak effort.
Except for the potatoes, everything else in the garden is looking good so far early on. Greenbean, cucumber, and zucchini seeds have sprouted. Spread 21 bags of bark mulch this weekend. Just call me, "Mr Excitement!" Leccese out.

No comments: