Monday, May 24, 2010

This past weekend was one of those that make you forget the -20 degree ones in January

Hi there. Hope you enjoyed the fact it was 80 degrees and sunny. A couple of weekends' ago I worked on changing the color of my patio from black to a color that more resembles concrete. This weekend it was cleaning a couple of pieces of patio furniture and what a pain in the tuchis! It took 3 of those magic eraser type cleaning pads and some Clorox Clean-up to get that chair and foot rest back to its original color of white. Also got the rest of the garden in. The eggplant, peppers, green beans, zucchini, and cucumbers are in the ground. Next up, 20 bags of bark mulch that needs to be spread.
Got some good news from the folks in Virginia. I can get estimates on that big spruce tree that needs to be removed. I also asked about the construction of the new Southern "Fortress of Solitude" in SC. They've cleared the land and are getting ready to start construction. Well about 2 hours before they were going to start pouring the concrete pilings, the county where this home is located told the builder that they erred in the approval process and the builder has to do a different style. It will add 15g's to the cost of the home. I'm getting the impression that nobody on the island or in that county wants my parents or this builder to actually be there.
On to other things. Sorry I missed the farewell special to Brooks and Dunn on CBS Sunday night. I guess those episodes of "Gary Unmarried" and "Accidentally on Purpose" that haven't aired yet are being saved for some other night where they need filler.
So the Mets took 2 of 3 from the Yankees over the weekend. Big deal.
So who had the better weekend? Jordan Spieth, the 16 year old golfer who was in contention at the Byron Nelson or Justin Romero who at 13 became the youngest to climb to the summit of Mt. Everest? That's got to be one cool way to impress teenage girls or get an easy "A" grade on the, "How I spent my Summer Vacation" essay.
Speedy recovery to NASCAR driver Brian Vickers who is dealing with blood clots.
Does anyone realize that thoroughbred racing in New York is on intensive care and its heartbeat is becoming more fainter everyday? The possibility of NYRA shutting down after the Belmont Stakes is scaring the crap out of me. VLT's are not the real solution, just a band-aid to stop the bleeding.
Saturday night I enjoyed a nice strip steak cooked on the grill with a Guiness on the side while sitting in my just cleaned patio furniture that's on my now clean patio enjoying the view of the lake I live on. One of those moments in live you savor.
"Land of the Lost" was one really stupid, crappy movie that had you laughing because it was just that bad.
Lisa Roberston, you finally have some competition in the, "I have a secret crush on you" department. Her name is Patricia Kara from "Deal or No Deal." I envy you, Howie Mandell.
The first season of Johnny Bravo is coming out on DVD June 15th. It was one of Hanna Barbara's last cartoons they produced and Seth McFarlane, the man behind "Family Guy" worked on the show as an animator and producer. It's really funny in the classic Hanna Barbara way.
Season finale time tonight for the the CBS comedies. O.K. guys (Mike, Dan, Pete and John) don't get any ideas after watching, "Big Bang Theory." You'll fail miserably and besides you need to start thinking about turning your attention in finding someone for me over to Darrin. There's still hope for him...Leccese out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoy outdoors with modern luxury patio furniture sets and relax with fine outdoor furniture. Feel free to visit my site http://www.cozydays.com Thanks!