Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Greenhouse Effect is a Christmas music free zone

Hi there.  O.K. 24 more days til Christmas and now that it's December I can start shopping.  However the scrooge in me draws the line at decorating the house for 6 weeks.  I dislike having to lug boxes from my garage, rearranging furniture to put up decorations and lights and then wrapping fake garland around my banister and on the mantle of my fireplace.  No tree either.  I don't send out Christmas cards and I really dislike the year in review letters that come with them.  I don't need to be reminded how pathetic and sad my life is by reading a note from someone who's perfect life makes me feel even more inferior.
Upset Specials time boys and girls.  Last week was a total loss except for the Minnesota Golden Gophers.  Fighting Irish over Stanford?  Didn't happen.  Bears over the Raiders?.  Nope.  Winnipeg Blue Bombers winning the Grey Cup?  Chalk up another in the loss column with that pick.  This week is another 4 pack.  Pro upset special.  Redskins over the J-E-T-S.  Now for a, "3 is a magic number" college selections.  Regular season game.  Colorado State over Wyoming.   Big 10 title game: Michigan State over Wisconsin.  A.C.C. title game: Clemson over Va Tech.
There wasn't enough Guinness on hand to drown my sorrows after watching both Rutgers and the Giants not show up for their important games with UConn and the Saints.  If I was back in Jersey, I would have thought about jumping off the Driscoll Bridge that spans the Raritan River on the Garden State Parkway.
Time to play that great game known as, "You make the call!"  O.K. who was the bigger dumb a-- this past weekend in NFL games.  Your choices.  Ndamukong Suh who did the river dance on the arm of a member of the Packers Thanksgiving day, or the Bills Stevie Johnson who's td celebration acted like Plaxico Burress when he accidentally pulled the trigger. Now you make the call!
If I were an NHL coach, I'd be scared right now after seeing 3 of the fraternity get canned this week.
I don't what bored me more, seeing Sidney Crosby return from his concussions or the NBA coming to a collective bargaining agreement with its players.
Want to know the reason why there is labor peace in Major League Baseball.  No Donald Fehr running the mlb players association!  Gary Bettman and the NHL is doomed now that Fehr is in charge of the NHLPA and their labor agreement is up after this year.
I know it was nice seeing Kimmy Kardashian doing her part by helping serve thanksgiving dinner to needy folks along with other celebrities in L.A. Personally I think it would have been better time spent if she had been trying to work on her marriage problems.  Now we find out that her sister Kourtney is pregnant again.  Please just go away all of you with the name Jenner or Kardashian attached to it.  That includes you to Bruce!
Just because I'm the Garden Boy doesn't mean I think about it 24/7.  I'm getting seed catalogs already along with the endless Christmas catalogs in the mail.  Too soon to start think about what to plant in 2012.
You want to what's wrong with the justice system.  I'll tell you.  The woman from Los Angeles on Black Friday who pepper sprayed anyone who would come near her so they wouldn't get near a video game she wanted to buy won't be charged because she acted in self defense.  Point two.  The man in Norway won't have to stand trial in the bombing and massacre at that teen camp because he isn't competent to stand trial. He was mentally capable of pulling the trigger and making that bomb, he can face the music.  Also I have a feeling that the lunatic who shot those 8 people dead and wounded Gabrielle Giffords in Arizona will also not have to stand trial because he's nutty enough to make a can of mixed nuts jealous.  It's not right.
Note to the protesters who claim they are part of the 99 percent.  If you spent more time working harder trying to get ahead and less time protesting, there is that chance you could be part of the 1 percent you're complaining and protesting so much about.
I finally went to a Phantoms game Wednesday night.  I think the team has potential to be a play-off contender.  I have to ask this one question.  Do we really need the video boards?  I found them to be a distraction.  My major gripe is that the scrolling message boards on the top and bottom of the center ice scoreboard are not used at all.  I would like to know goal and penalty information not just from Dan announcing it over the P.A. system.  The video boards are a waste of money if you ask me.  I would have rather the money go to fixing up the locker rooms or a new ice resurfacer, preferably a Zamboni model.
Enjoy the weekend...Leccese out.

No comments: