Thursday, December 29, 2011

Saying Goodbye to 2011 and hoping for a better 2012

Hi there.  Well here we are nearing the end of 2011 and looking forward to 2012.  Personally 2011 like most years for me its had its peaks and valleys, and for once I would like a year that has nothing but peaks the size of Mount Everest and doesn't dip down into Death Valley.
Over the Christmas holiday I did practice safe skyping (I am the national spokesman, remember?) and there was no back trouble this year. Sorry Dr. MacNaughton, I'll be in for my regular treatment next week.  As for my gifts.  A nice selection of gift cards, some clothes I don't have to buy and a new toy.  A digital camera.  I don't have to borrow Mike's now.  He got a new camera for Christmas too.  Now he has two old cameras in case someone else needs to borrow one. I also got to spend part of my Christmas Eve with my friends after Combat class at Core.  They're like extended family and I love spending any time with them.
O.K. its the final week of Upset Specials and currently we are 3 for 4 with last weeks picks.  Wins for NC State in the Belk Bowl, and both the Vikings and Bills delivered victories on Christmas Eve.  The lone loss came from Western Michigan.  Since I'm typing this entry before the Notre Dame plays Florida State in the Champs Sports Bowl we won't know the outcome yet.  This week, go with this 3 pack of bowl games.  Cincinnati over Vandy in the Liberty Bowl, Clemson over W.Virginia in the Orange Bowl, and Va Tech over Michigan in the Sugar Bowl.  Now for the pro upset specials.  Houston as home underdogs beating the Titans, and the Chargers on the road beating Da Raiders at the Black Hole.
I'd feel a lot better about the Giants chances Sunday night against the Cowboys if the game was being played in Dallas.  Why do I have this strange feeling that another embarrassing home clunker loss is going to happen.
I'm a huge fan of Bill Maher, but he lost a ton of my respect with a tweet of his regarding Tim Tebow's 4 interception performance against the Bills. It ranked up there with Hank Williams comments on Fox News.  It was down right wrong.  Look, I admit to being not the most spiritual person on the planet.  However, I respect and admire people who do believe and are passionate about their faith.  I just want that same respect back for my non belief instead of getting dirty looks and having theology lectures forced down my throat about how someone should be my personal savior.  The other thing I found out about Bill Maher that he's a big time member of that idiotic animal rights group whom I despise.
Kimmy K and Kris Humphries shouldn't feel so bad anymore that their sham of a reality show marriage lasted only 74 days.  One hit wonder Sinead O'Connor tied the knot for the 3rd time and it lasted only 18 days.  She is quoted as saying, "I knew I had made a mistake 3 hours into it."  No comment.
I've been working out over at the other gym I belong to this week and saw the photo shoot in Maxim magazine of Jenni "J-Woww" Farley from Jersey Shore.  She's got a stunning body and great looks, but that smile.  Ugghh!  Her picture is next to the definition of, "dumb brunette." in Webster's dictionary.
Now for the New Years resolutions.  I'm trying to narrow it down to about 5, maybe 6.  There's always the, "Big 3."  Save more money. Lose weight, and eat healthier.  I have one challenge resolution.  Being less sarcastic.  I've been told that sarcasm is a form of anger.  If this is true, I'm one really angry individual.  That one is going to be tough.  The humor in this blog is built on sarcastic remarks about the world around me.  I like getting those little digs on people because, well they can be...stupid.
Here's to a safe, healthy and prosperous 2012.  I've got thank you cards to write...Leccese out.

No comments: