Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bracketology Part 1

Hi There. As promised its time to look at the brackets and today its the East and Midwest regions.
In the East the top seeds are North Carolina, Tennessee and Louisville and Washington State. My only question is Washington State. They play solid defense but do they have enough offense to match up. I don't see them making the sweet 16. The middle seeds are very intriguing and one of them could go deep in the region. Notre Dame, Butler, Indiana, and St Joe's. I'm not sold on either Arkansas or Oklahoma, and my sleeper could be St Joe's. They lost in the A-10 finals to Temple but has knocked off Xavier twice in the last 2 weeks. Phil Martelli is one of those coaches you like.
In the Midwest the top seeds are Kansas, Georgetown, Wisconsin,and Vanderbilt. Hopefully the Leccese curse won't rear its ugly head, because I'm picking Siena to knock off the Commodores in the first round. Vandy is a tough home team. Away from Nashville, that's another story and I really like the Badgers. Gonzaga, Clemson and Kent State could win a couple of games. Sleeper might be Davidson. I'm not crazy about Villanova or UNLV. Remember USC vs Kansas State; great first round game. Tommorow a look at the South and West regions...Leccese out.

No comments: