Monday, March 24, 2008

Weekend Observations

Hi There. Hope you have more teams left in your Sweet 16 than the nine I have left in mine. However all my final four teams are still alive, so there's hope for me yet. This just in. The world did not come to an end because Tiger Woods didn't win the rain delayed CA Championship at Doral today. Now on to the NCAA's. If you had said to me that the 3 Big East teams in the Sweet 16 would be Louisville, West Virginia and Villanova; I would have had a straight jacket placed on you and had you committed. How about that mighty ACC? Duke was soooo overrated. I keep forgetting that there are other teams in the Pac 10 other than UCLA, USC, and Arizona that can play basketball. I guess you don't need much offense when you hold your opponents to 40 and 41 points like Washington State did, and maybe the Lopez twins don't need a quality backcourt after all to carry Stanford. How about Siena. I told you they take Vandy. I'm worried about Memphis as one of my final four picks. They must love the fact that there's the double bonus after 10 fouls the way they were shooting free throws. They need Rick Barry to tutor them on shooting Granny style. Hey, the guy averaged over 90 percent from the charity stripe. My favorite player in the tournament is quickly becoming Stephen Curry from Davidson. His dad Del could shoot the lights out with the best of them when he played in the Association and Stephen got the shooting gene from his old man. On to baseball. Why is everybody whining about the RedSox and Athletics playing in Japan? It's a good thing to promote MLB overseas, just like the it is for the NFL to play a regular season game in Europe. One more thing, and its non sports. Brittany Spears is appearing on "How I Met your Mother" tonight. Dan Miner, John Pratt and myself love the Monday night comedies on CBS and usually Tuesday we hang around the water cooler and compare notes. John thinks the blonde on "Big Bang Theory" is hot. I'll take Cobie Smulders over her any day. I prefer brunettes...Leccese out.

No comments: