Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Observations

Hi There. Well 2 out 4 aren't bad. I predicted UCLA and Memphis, but my other two teams went down in flames in the Sweet Sixteen games. Bruce Pearl needs to recruit a point guard or someone who can handle the ball for the Vols and Wisconsin got buried under the Steam roller that was Davidson. I like UCLA to win it all, and I'm picking Kansas over UNC to make to the final game. Am I not the only one who isn't excited about today being Opening Day for the majority of MLB teams? I can accept the fact Shea Stadium is being replaced after this year, but what I can't accept is the exterior of the new ballpark looks like Ebbetts Field and is becoming a shrine to the Brooklyn Dodgers. I'm hoping Mets ownership will come to their senses and put statues of Gil Hodges or Tom Seaver around the place and not a sign that says, "Hit sign, win suit from Abe Stark" in right field. Driving this morning to the gym where I work out in mixed precipitation and seeing a foot of snow left on the ground, made me think spring is never coming and I won't be digging in the garden or swinging a golf club in the near future. Thanks to everyone who showed up in Chestertown for donkey BBall Saturday night. Had a great time as always. Pete was wishing he had the Advil concession. This Sunday Morning its Bowl for Kids Sake at SpareTime in South Glens Falls hope to see you there...Leccese out.

No comments: