Thursday, April 3, 2008

Midweek Musings

Hi There. I know you've been waiting for it, here comes the Midweek Musings. We start with Monday's "How I Met your Mother." Easily one of the five best episodes in the history of the show. Between stealing the blackboard, the brackets, Lilly making a scrapbook of the whole affair, the Ted Moseby is a jerk website and Barney apologizing to a girl he never slept with, it just all clicked. The best part was seeing Barney doing his blog like the end of "Doogie Howser" music and all. In fact when I do my entries for the Greenhouse Effect, the theme from "The Courtship of Eddie's Father" plays. You know; "People let me tell you 'bout my best friend." On to some other observations. We get a lot of community events here at the station and I have a question. What's the obsession with Coleslaw? It seems every church dinner or community supper has Coleslaw on the menu. Even the Spaghetti and Meatball ones have it. If you didn't know Cathy Lee Gifford is returning to daytime to co-host the fourth hour of the Today show. Originally I thought it was a good idea, because she wouldn't be talking about Cody and Cassidy now that they've grown up and she might have to actually say something meaningful and informed. Unfortunately, Cathy Lee will end up telling us how Cody's new girlfriend is not right for him and does not want her taking advantage of her little boy. I hope he brings home some girl who doesn't believe in god, has tattoos and a police record just to give her a heart attack or a stroke. Final four predictions: UCLA over Memphis and Kansas over North Carolina. UCLA wins the whole thing. One last thing. Thanks to everyone who has helped us with donations for "Bowl for Kids Sake." If you can make it, Team CKM will be bowling Sunday at 10:00am at Sparetime in South Glens Falls. Bowling is one of the few sports I can actually hold my own in...Leccese out.

No comments: