Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Observations

Hi There. So many thoughts and soo little time. Where to begin. Leading off, the Masters. It is nice to know that even the greatest golfer in my lifetime can have a bad putting day like I have most of the time. Augusta's greens are brutal to begin with, but dry them out with difficult pin positions and wind. I'll pass. When the final group finishes with a combined 8 over par for the final round. That's not pretty. I liked the fact that Trevor Immelman finished at 8 under. That's a reasonable score for a major. These major events (except the British Open) have this obsession with tricking up a course making them too hard even for the best players. What TV network has the biggest hangover from the weekend this morning. CBS, for the final round of the Masters and Tiger unable to make a move. Fox for bumping the end of the Yankees/Sox game Saturday to FX so we could hear DW say, "boogety, boogety, boogety lets go racing!" and watch the start of the Sprint Cup race, or NBC on Sunday for airing Caps/Flyers instead of Rangers/Devils. The NHL TV heads just don't get it. Speaking of hockey, checked out the highlights of Calgary/SanJose and I didn't realize that Owen Nolan and Curtis Joseph had been resurrected from hockey's dead and forgotten. Yo Tiger fans its way too early to be jumping off the Windsor Bridge. Met fans had the right to boo Johan the Great. Give up 3 dingers in your first home start. I was booing him from 220 miles away. Did I ever tell you that I really hate Mets pitching coach Rick Peterson. After hearing about the David Ortiz Jersey buried by a Sox fan working on the new ball orchard being built in the South Bronx, I felt embarrassed to be a sports fan. People really need to get a life. That guy must be a Doctor Phil fan. I'm trying to figure out who is stupider right now. Dr.Phil or that guy. What some people will do for 15 seconds of fame and publicity. Stab me in the eye with an ice pick please. Finally, my parents returned to the area after spending the winter in North Carolina and yesterday morning sometime between 8:30 and 9 the heavens opened up with some form of mixed precipitation. You know, snow, sleet, hail, the whole works. Welcome back Mom and Dad...Leccese out.

No comments: