Friday, April 18, 2008

Thoughts from the Cardio Room

Hi There. Normally you don't get something on Friday, but for some reason there was smoke coming out of my head and I didn't want the fire alarms to go off. I work out at a health club. They just changed ownership and I haven't come up with a new name to call them yet so they won't get free mentions. In the cardio room, they have TV's you can watch while sweating away on a treadmill, bike, or elliptical trainer. Maybe you've done this too. Did you ever laugh at the Closed Captions that show up on the bottom of the screen while watching? I could be real bad during reruns of "Frazier" or "The Simpsons." Well its gotten worse. Now that I work out in the morning, I've become a fan of the game show "Crosswords." I will watch the show during my cardio workout and answer the clues out loud. People give you the strangest looks. Kind of like when you watch Jeopardy at home and answer the questions. One of the toughest things about changing office hours is you miss the people you would normally work out with. You look forward to seeing them after a long day and you would hope to see them. Last night I went in to sign up for a group fitness class and four people remembered who I was. It was nice feeling knowing that I haven't been exiled after all. One more thing. Those body sprays like Axe, Tag and others; they really don't work. Enjoy the weekend...Leccese out.

No comments: