Thursday, April 10, 2008

Midweek Musings

Hi There. Well, if you took my advice on the NCAA basketball championship games, you'd have grounds for a lawsuit. 0 for 2. I told you Memphis needed to improve shooting free throws. During the tournament the Tigers averaged 80 percent up until the title game, then the brick laying returned. Couldn't it wait until afterward. I would have looked good. As for Stanford, they made a nice run but the Lady Vols are the best women's program around. Sorry UConn fans. Pat Summit is easily the best women's' coach of all time and she ranks up there with John Wooden and some of the other great men's coaches. The Frozen Four takes place in Denver and no I'm not picking a team. I like watching college hockey. Before I had a satellite dish and my choice of endless sports and movie channels, I could get just two on air channels. Channel 13 in Albany and WCAX Channel 3 in Burlington VT. That station was the most boring on the planet. They would air UVM hockey on weekends during winter with Tony Adams or JJ Cioffi doing play by play. I kind of root for the Catamounts. Last night I wished I'd had picture in picture. Rangers/Devils, Mets/Phillies and the Yankees/Royals. Whatever morons decided to play that game in Kansas City during a monsoon last night should be fired. If players are whining about playing a doubleheader, why not adopt what the minors do and play two 7 inning games, instead of the day/night thing. Trust me nobody in baseball is crying poverty. The Masters is taking place and I'm surrendering to the fact that someone named Tiger and I'm not talking about Tiger Chung Lee will win. In my perfect world Mike Weir, Woody Austin or my man Freddie C recaptures the magic and is Boom Boom just one more time before joining the senior tour wins. Finally I have to get this off my chest. The articles about Donkey basketball in the Post Star really irritated me. I've been lucky to take part in 3 donkey basketball nights at North Warren Central School. I've gotten to know the handlers. They treat the animals like they were family members and wouldn't let anything bad happen to them. It's fun. The organization that is constantly protesting (I won't justify naming them) needs to really look in the mirror at themselves, lighten up and actually try to help animals instead of nitpicking every little thing. Pick your fights better. Your little group is doing more harm than good. Enjoy the weekend.

No comments: