Saturday, April 26, 2008

Re-discovering the warrior in me and spending the afternoon with Mel Kiper, Jr. draft expert

Hi There. Normally I don't do an entry on a Saturday night, but today I'm making an exception. My day started waking up with the hangover of the Rangers blowing a 3 goal lead to the Penguins and eventually losing 5 to 4. Are NHL officials taking lessons from their NBA colleagues in regards to protecting its superstars? Sorry Uncle Dick, but CYO officials do a better job calling a game than you guys do in the Association. Then it was off to the gym formally known as Tropical Fitness for Body Combat class. Its one of those kick boxing type workout classes and I love it. Well its been almost 5 months since I've taken it and I had to re-channel the inner warrior in me. The first 15 minutes I felt gassed and I was wondering what the hell was I thinking. But the moves and rhythm manage to come back and I survived. There were some very attractive women in class and they looked real good. You could see it through the window looking into the class: Beauty and the Geek. Then it was the mind numbing practice of sitting down in front of the TV and watching the NFL draft on Bristol Tech. Hopefully I'm not the only one who thinks Chris Berman is becoming a caricature of himself. I'd follow along with the picks. Some surprised me and some didn't. I didn't see the Giants make their selection because I had to attend a function with my parents and some of their friends. I was pleased with their choice and even more pleased they didn't trade Jeremy Shockey. If you're a hard core sports fan, one of the things you should do is attend is a draft. I did it in North Carolina when the NHL draft came to Raleigh a few years ago. I have some great stories about that experience that involve Wayne Gretzky and Ric Flair. Now there's odd couple. Well got to see who's left on my draft board. Until next time...Leccese out.

No comments: