Monday, March 17, 2008

Weekend Observations

Hi There and Happy Saint Patty's Day. Now for some good old observations from the weekend. Lets start with Bristol Tech. 3 good things about them. 1. Eric Kuselias on Saturday mornings. 2. Sunday morning from 9:30 to 10:30 Outside the Lines followed by the Sports Reporters, and 3. The current documentary they're airing "Black Magic." Now for a Bristol I can't stand. Bristol Motor Speedway. The end of the race was a joke. 43 cars do not belong on an banked oval track that is .533 miles. If the France family had any sense they would blow the place up and use the dates for a second race at Las Vegas and a return to Rockingham NC. Also take away that second date from Pocono and add another road course race. Its too early in the season to starting looking ahead to the Chase. On to the Association. Has anybody noticed but the Houston Rockets have won 22 straight games? You would have if Kobe or LeBron played for them. There are very few things I like about the NBA, and I'm liking the Rockets. Also the Denver Nuggets put up 168 points last night. Nice defense Seattle. Kevin Durant must be thinking, "I should have stayed at Texas one more year." I'll start breaking down brackets tomorrow. So just to tease you, Siena got placed where I though they would as a 13 seed. First round match up must watch: USC versus Kansas State. OJ Mayo takes on Michael Beasley, but the best freshman this year has been UCLA's Kevin Love. One more hoop thing. Congrats to Chateguay for being the first Section 10 team to win a state title. I've finally given up and surrendered to the fact that there is Tiger Woods, and then there is everybody else on the PGA Tour. I watched the end of Bay Hill and you just knew he was going to make that putt on 18. 20 years ago I had one of those days I would put in my top 5 best of all time. I was a senior in college and got featured in an article in the Kansas City Evening Star newspaper. I was manager on the basketball team and I had to broadcast the teams games on the campus radio station. Lets just say it was the first game I'd ever done and it was also a first round NAIA national tournament game. I'm still waiting for that feature in the Post Star, so Dave Blow if you're reading this right now hint hint. Bracket breakdowns starting tomorrow...Leccese out.

No comments: