Thursday, December 11, 2008

Greetings from the Winter Meetings and other random thoughts

Hi There. To quote my good friend John Pratt who works on the sister station, "Yeah, I'm a slacker." Normally I'd give you a Monday entry, but to be perfectly honest with you, I had nothing. Well 3 days have past and I do have something.
We'll start with baseball's winter meetings. I don't know what to make of the Mets signing of Francisco Rodriguez. Is Omar Minaya brilliant for getting him at a reduced price or frugal after what the Yankees overpaid for C.C.Sabathia? There really hasn't been much action at the winter meetings. A couple of trades here and there. The biggest fear I have is with the lack of movement, you wonder if Don Fehr and the players association are planning to cry collusion against the owners again.
The economy must be suffering if the NFL is laying off employees. Did you hear about Arena Football? There are rumors it's going belly up.
Some advice to Syracuse University. After what happened at Rutgers Wednesday if you're unable to lock up Turner Gill as your new football coach, I'd put in a call to Greg Schiano to see if he's interested. A witch hunt has begun in Piscataway NJ and I have this feeling Coach Greg is next in line. Letting Bob Mulcahy go was a mistake of gigantic proportions.
I wish everybody would get their hands out of the bail out cookie jar. The U.S. auto industry has no one to blame but themselves. My American model SUV is just about paid off and the next vehicle I intend to purchase won't be from the Big 3 unless they make one that really blows me away.
Now for an upset special. The Giants are underdogs against the Cowboys so lets take Big Blue on the road in Dallas as they rebound from the loss to the Eagles.
Enjoy the weekend...Leccese out.

No comments: