Friday, December 5, 2008

Sean Avery doesn't get it and other random thoughts

Hi There. There's nothing better than heading into a weekend than having your favorite college football team win on national television 63 - 14 like Rutgers did last night. That was sooo sweet. Moving on to other things.
Sean Avery of the Dallas Stars decided to join Plaxico (or should I call him Harris Smith) and LeBron in the just plain stupid club. Its nice to know his breakup with Elisha Cuthbert was so amicable. Gary Bettman gave him a 6 game suspension, I would have given him 10 for those comments. By the way Shaun Ellis of the J-E-T-S should thank Plaxico because unbeknown to most of us; while Plax shot himself, later that morning Mr Ellis was caught with some Acapulco Gold in his car by a NJ State trooper. One last word on Harris, I mean Plaxico. When did sweatpants become fashionable to wear in a night club?
We've got some upset specials to run by you and we still have college games going on. I've decided to stay away from the conference championship games and give you a regular season match-up in our 50th state. Take the Rainbows of Hawaii over the Cincinnati Bearcats. For the pro upset special, I like the Redskins on the road in Baltimore to beat the Ravens.
I want to thank everyone again for your support of the Adopt A Child program. If you read Dan's blog, I've been helping transport gifts over to the GF Police Department. If I see another skateboard, I'm coming after Tony Hawk. The other thing you gotta like is those noise making toys with the batteries already in them. One slight move and it sets them off. Those things can drive a person nuts.
I love those holiday commercials for Lexus, but I'm waiting for one with a kid getting the Flexible Flyer sled. That was my bestest present of all time.
High School basketball starts Tuesday night on WWSC. Hudson Falls at Glens Falls. Can't wait. I'm curious to see if high schools will adopt the new men's 3 point line they use in college. Also I've noticed that some of the early season games have experimented with playing 16 minute halves instead of the usual four 8 minute quarters. I'll ask around and let you know what's going on. Enjoy the weekend...Leccese out.


No comments: