Monday, December 22, 2008

Maybe I should have asked Santa for a snow blower instead of a laptop

Hi There. My back is aching and the snow is up to mid thigh. Is it too late to return the computer I'm getting for Christmas and exchange it for a snow blower? There is no amount of over the counter extra strength pain relievers to make you feel better after shoveling and clearing paths of snow when the white stuff is 30 plus inches deep. I believe the day you officially start hating snow is the day you get your drivers license. I was driving home Friday night during the worst of it fearing for my life and I found it amazing that those semi-drivers from the Great White North are driving on the Northway like it was a pleasant summer evening. Those guys must have learned how to drive from those ice road truckers you see on the Discovery Channel. No fear in them what so ever.
Only the National Football League would penalize a player for making a snow angel after scoring a touchdown like they did yesterday to Wes Welker.
Tell the people at Reebok to bring back long sleeve football jerseys with the pockets in them to keep your hands warm. Wearing those muffs around your waist is like when you were a kid and wore a ski mask to keep your face warm. Those put an automatic bulls eye on you during a snowball fight.
First the Mets and now the J-E-T-S. Its nice to know that both former tenants of Shea Stadium (may it rest in peace) took the gas pipe this year. Speaking of Shea, here's another reason why New York State is over regulated and no fun. I saw the video of the RCA Dome in Indiana being imploded. I think Shea deserved that same sendoff. Put some weapons grade explosives in the right places and BOOM! Down it comes in no time. However New York law does not allow it. Party poopers!
I'm headed to Cary, North Carolina for Christmas which is right next to the NC State campus in Raleigh. Can't wait to drive around town with my Rutgers fleece jacket on. Bring it on.
I echo the sentiment of Dan after reading the report of the Philadelphia Phantoms possibly coming to the Civic Center in Saturdays PostStar. No Comment.
I bought a "Charlie Brown Christmas" and after watching, it can be pretty depressing. However after 40 plus years much of the message stills holds true.
Enjoy the holiday and maybe the next entry you get will come from my new laptop, unless I get that snow blower after all...Leccese out.

No comments: