Wednesday, December 31, 2008

One more reason to hate Chicago and other observations

Hi There. Well the return trip from North Carolina on Saturday was a joy! NOT! As any flier knows, when there are delays at Chicago's O'Hare Airport the rest of the country suffers. I was supposed to arrive back in the area around 8pm, but ended up getting home just before midnight.
The new laptop is awesome and I've managed to hook up a printer to go with it. Now if my father could remember the password so I can use the wireless network in my home, I'll be golden. I'm the first to admit, I'm not tech savy but I'm trying to learn and come into the 21st century.
While driving to the office this morning, I tuned into Bristol Tech radio and E.K. was co-hosting the morning show with Linda Cohn. That was cool. I also have to give props to Steven A. Smith who I also refer to as "The Fresh Prince of Sports Talk." He also co-hosted with E.K. and it was a good listen.
O.K what NFL team sucked on the bigger gas pipe? The Jets or the Broncos? It doesn't matter because both Eric Mangini and Mike Shanahan got canned. As a Giants fan I'm begging Jerry Reese to do what it takes to keep Steve Spagnuolo as D-Coordinator and not let him leave for a head job somewhere.
In honor of the big day for football bowl games I'm giving you an upset special. Because I'm a fan of Big East football (Hey, somebody's got to like 'em) I'll take the Cincinnati Bearcats over the Va Tech Hokies in the Orange Bowl. Speaking of Big East, how 'bout them Rutgers Scarlet Knights! 7 straight wins and a victory over NC State. I did get my niece to say "Go Rutgers!" before I left. Her cousin goes to school at NC State and she went to the bowl game in Alabama. Morgan say that to your cousin next time you see her.
If you ask me what the biggest sports story of 2008 was I'll have to go with the Tampa Rays winning the American League Championship. It wasn't the Giants Superbowl win, Eldrick the Gimp or the Celtics. Michael Phelps comes in a close second.
I making the usual New Years resolutions. You've probably attempted some or all of them. Lose weight. Eat healthier. Save money. Be more tolerant and nicer to people in general. You get the general idea
My voice is fine after calling 4 hockey games in 2 days at the Grandstanders Hockey Tournament. Thanks to "The Big Whistle" Dave Thomas for filling in while Brian was under the weather. It was great to have you back in the booth these past two days Festus.
I'm ringing in 2009 by going to bed early. SNY is replaying the Rutgers game so maybe I'll watch some of it before I go to sleep. Then New Years day I'll be tuned into the NHL Winter Classic between the Redwings and Blackhawks at Wrigley Field. Am I a party animal or what? See you in 2009...Leccese out.

No comments: