Saturday, January 3, 2009

Take me out to the ice rink. Take me out to the crowd

Hi There and Welcome to 2009. The New Year was quiet except for the 3 hours I spent in front of my television watching the NHL Winter Classic. It was better than I imagined. I thought Bob Costas was great with Mike Milbury. This was the Costas than I like, not the one who has tried to morph into the late Howard Cosell. Losing Mike Emrick to a bad throat was a tough loss but our gain. Having Dave Strader call the Winter Classic. How cool was that? If they really wanted to make it special, they've should have put Panger doing color and Eddie O on the sidelines. I know I originally said I wasn't going to watch, but it was better than the alternatives. College bowl games or the Rose Parade.
Well Barry Melrose made his triumphant return to Bristol Tech and hockey coverage returned to Bristol Tech as well. I told you the two were tied into together. I think he and Matthew Barnaby will make a great team. I agree with the Coach that the next years' Winter Classic should be at Fenway Park with the Bruins hosting either the Rangers or Canadiens. Then it should go to the Rangers and the new Yankee stadium in 2011.
Would someone tell tell Joe Pa to finally bring the Nittany Lions into the 21st century and get them some new unis. I've seen high school JV squads wear better duds that Penn State. Come on. They work with Nike. Those guys would kill for the chance to update and screw up the Penn State attire. Just look what they did to the Oregon Ducks. Talk about brutally ugly. Their look is double bag ugly.
Just when you thought it was gone away, "As The Brett Favre Turns" has returned. The J-E-T-S are amazing. You win back to back games over the Patriots and Titans you're considered contenders. You lose 4 of your last 5 and the lone win was an early Christmas present from Dick Jauron and now the finger pointing takes place.
Now for some wild card weekend picks. I like the Falcons, Chargers, Ravens and Eagles.
With the Leccese family officially up to date in the computer category, I'm not the only one who got a new laptop for Christmas. Mom got one too. I've begun to slowly take apart the old dinosaur desktop in my bedroom. I've disconnected the old printer. That thing could be noisy and annoying at the same time. I've also disconnected the speakers to the system. The new printer is working fine. It has the same ink cartridges that is in the printer I mainly use at the radio station. Maybe I could get a couple extra ordered for me when R2 does the office supplies and I can sneak 'em by Mr. Ashworth. (Just kidding, Clay.)
John lent me his copy of "The Bro Code" so I think I'll catch up on my reading the rest of the weekend and I also have to make a run to the landfill. No wonder there's a line of females waiting to go out with me. Later days...Leccese out.

No comments: