Saturday, January 31, 2009

Here we go Steelers, Here we go. Pittsburgh's gonna win the SuperBowl

Hi There. Well football fans we've arrived at Super Bowl Sunday and our final pick of the year. Come on now, you honestly didn't think I was gonna pick the Pro Bowl? If you read the heading, I'm taking the Steelers to get that first ring for the other hand. I think their front 7 will make Kurt Warner's life a living hell and Willie Parker is gonna run the ball enough to open up the offense for Hines Ward and Heath Miller to have big days. My pick is and you're also getting a score. Steelers 27 - 13. This choice has nothing to do with the fact my sister went to college in Pittsburgh. It has nothing to do with the fact my brother in law and his family are from, "The Burgh." I just think the Steelers are a better team. Remember, we also said that about the Patriots last year and look what happened.
I just mentioned that my sister went to college in Pittsburgh. She's an alum of Duquesne University. Well her alma mater is not to happy with noted author John Grisham. His latest novel, "The Associate" deals with a character who attended Duquesne and was involved in a drunken rape scene that happened off campus. They feel it shines them in a bad light. The fact that Mr. Grisham even mentioned the school in one of his novels should be a compliment. Most people outside of Pittsburgh haven't heard of Duquesne. It could be worse, you could have been mentioned in "Paul Blart, Mall Cop" as the place where you know who dropped out of after only a semester.
Speaking of "Paul Blart, Mall Cop." A sequel is in the works. Now we've had two signs of the apocalypse for 2009. Kevin James is one lucky guy. On his tv show he got to have Leah Remini play his wife and now he's got a hit movie.
I received an e-mail yesterday that did not thrill me. I found out that the health club where I'm a member plans on closing the location where I work out in the next month and consolidating operations to 2 locations. Note to the owner Al. I understand the current state of the ecomony (It sucks) and you're doing what's best for business, but I wish you would change your mind and keep Queensbury open. You just don't get it and never will. Let the Queensbury location continue to be the black sheep of the family. Let the Queensbury location continue to be different and just leave us alone. I almost changed health clubs when you took over, but I stayed because of the many friends I've made and care too much about these last 8 years. I'm thinking of becoming a free agent and hiring super agent Scott Boras to represent me in my search for that special place to work out at. If you'd think I'd fit in somewhere let me know and maybe I'll take a look.
For all you Adirondack Redwings fans, tune into MSG Tuesday night. Adam Graves #9 will be hoisted to the rafters to join Giacomin, Leetch, Gilbert, Messier and Richter. Hard to believe it was 20 years ago when that puck he sent on net in game 7 against the Hershey Bears in double OT got by "Trees" Laforest and created such a roar that the seismology lab at A.C.C. thought an earthquake happened.
Mike Richter is one of my favorite people I've met doing this job. He was recently approached about running for the congressional seat vacated by Kirsten Gillibrand when she got promoted to the Senate. If you didn't know, he owns a home in Essex County and attended prep school in Lake Placid. If Mike Richter is going for it, I may just register to vote to help get him elected.
Enjoy the weekend...Leccese out.

No comments: