Friday, January 16, 2009

Championship Weekend and other stuff

Hi There. You gotta love waking up to the balmy -20 degrees that I experienced this morning. It could be worse. We could be living in Saranac Lake. Now that place is cold 10 months of the year with 8 weeks of mosquito season.
There is something not right with the NFL. The late game is being played in Pittsburgh and the early game is happening in Arizona and in a dome. Just think, if you played the early game in the 'Burgh everybody would be happy cause they wouldn't be freezing as bad and you wouldn't hear Jim Nantz or James Brown saying, "Coming up after the game 60 Minutes in its entirety except on the West Coast where you'll see it in it's regular time slot." Now for the picks. NFC first. I like the Cardinals and if Anquan Bolden is playing I like their chances even more. The AFC will be a defensive war but Big Ben and the Steelers will win this one over Joe Flacco. This game won't be a blowout. You have to believe that it will come down Jeff Reed or Matt Stover kicking a field goal. With that being said, I've just opened myself up to seeing a high scoring affair. So your picks for Tampa are Arizona and the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Either there's something in the water in Cleveland or the lack of pitching talent is evident in MLB when the Indians signed Carl Pavano. Cleveland now officially has 2 dumb sports teams.
Bernie Madoff is scum. This guy bilks people out of 50 Billion with a capital "B" dollars and isn't in the federal pen? He's holed up in his luxury penthouse apartment and I can't believe we can't find an intelligent person to set bail for this bridge troll. We need to lock him up with the mass murderers and suspected terrorists. No club fed for this guy. Plus his equally bridge troll of an attorney wants to plead the insanity defense. If this guy gets off and serves no jail time or has to pay back any of the money he scammed, the judge and jury who doesn't convict him should have to serve his sentence and we need to change the judicial system.
I have the utmost respect for the job that our fine law enforcement officials do. However the fine constables at the Bolton Police have lost my respect for the moment. Did you have to find Cloutier's horn and return it to him? You could have at least kept it for states evidence in some sort of case. How about aiding and abetting Bernie Madoff?
I'm returning a compliment. Dan dropped 15 pounds in his first week of Weight Watchers. Nice job. I'm proud to say I've gone through the freezer and pantry closet and gotten rid of a lot of the ice cream and snack chips that are my vices. If I keep working out and eliminating the night snacking after dinner, I'll drop those 35 pounds I want to lose.
Mike, I just read that new blog entry of yours. Funny stuff. You should be writing for Leno or Letterman.
Thanks for the jersey Festus. Stay warm and enjoy the weekend. Leccese out.

No comments: