Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Welcome to the Island of Misfit Toys and other Observations

Hi There. You have 8 more shopping days til Christmas. How's it going? First I want to thank everybody who contributed, helped out, adopted children or pitched in with our Operation Santa Claus campaign. I am truly amazed by this areas' propensity for giving. Nice job everyone.
O.K. enough with the mush on to more pressing and humorous things.
The Giants have dropped their last two including the upset special I gave you. They can't win without Brandon Jacobs in the lineup. The big guy not playing against the Cowboys exposed the offensive line. Also Sal Pal at Bristol Tech had an interesting observation regarding Big Blue. Last year Eagles d-coordinator Jim Johnson found the clink in the Patriots armour and he's done it again this year with the Giants. How come no one has interviewed this guy for a head job in the NFL?
Sam Bradford won the Heisman. Fine, but how could Graham Harrell from Texas Tech not be included?
So Arena Football decided to suspend operations for the 2009 season. That's like if a tree fell in the woods and no one was around, would anybody hear it?
Watching the Buffalo Bills snatch defeat from the jaws of victory Sunday against the Jets reminded me of the Pisarcik to Csonka hand off 30 years ago at Giants Stadium.
Got to give the Dallas Stars credit for severing the ties with Sean Avery. How come no women's groups are applauding this decision? As much as I hate to admit it, the commercial the NHL is running for the Winter Classic at Wrigley Field on January 1st is great even with Bob Costas' voice on the tag. I may have to rescind my earlier decision and watch some of it after all.
One job I'm glad I don't have. Head coach in the NBA. Reggie Theus got the ax as the Kings head coach and that makes already 6 coaches given the ziggy. I'm surprised that Nets head man Lawrence Frank hasn't been among them.
I've been trying hard, but I just can't get into this season of "Top Chef." Sorry Tom Colicchio. If there is any consolation, I still read your blog every week.
I've read where vandals in LA are defacing the movie poster for "Marley and Me" with "The dog dies." These same people probably defaced posters for "Titanic" with "The boat sinks." A Charlie Brown Christmas is on tonight, which is my favorite animated holiday special... Good Grief, Leccese out.

No comments: